Face coverings mandatory from 24th July
Wearing face coverings is mandatory in shops from 24th July
The government has announced that from 24th July that customers must wear face coverings in shops in England. This is following similar rules that have been in place in other countries and already applied to using public transport in England.
It is not compulsory for shop workers to wear a face covering, but we will be wearing them at Fred's, as we have done since we returned after lockdown was eased in mid June.
Don't have a mask?
Don't panic. We are selling mask kits and hand-made masks, as well as the other materials for making your own masks, such as thread, interfacing and elastics.
Mask-kits are available at £4.00 each, either in the shop or online here.
Hand-made masks are available at £6.00 each, again in the shop or online here.
What does it mean for me?
- Next time you visit the shop you will need to wear a face covering.
- Children under 11 and people with certain medical conditions will be exempt (please make us aware to avoid any confusion or embarassment).
- Please still observe social distancing (2m) rules.
- Limited customer numbers in the shop will still apply (6 maximum).
- We are still offering online/web orders that are posted out same day, click and collect and local delivery to S40/S41 (choose the relevant option when you checkout).