Christmas Baubles: Step-by-Step
* If you are wanting to make your own, view our bundles of Christmas Baubles*
You will need:
- X1 8cm polystyrene ball
- X1 metre of 2 1” wide ribbons
- 7” 7mm ribbon(for hanging)
- X2 metres of ric rac
- Pearl headed pins
- Household pins
- Fabric scissors
- Tape measure
1. Cut 3 11” lengths of ribbon in your 2 chosen designs.
2. Using the ribbon chosen for the base, find the centre of the polystyrene ball and wrap the ribbon around. Starting and finishing on this point.
3. Put a pin to hold ribbon in place in the centre top and bottom, as well as at the sides half way down the ball.
4. Leaving about ¾” gap, repeat steps 2 and 3 – now using your top pin as the centre – for the remaining 2 lengths of the base ribbon.
5. Using the 2nd ribbon design chosen, wrap the ribbon around the polystyrene ball covering the ¾” spaces left.
NOTE: Use the pins in the sides of the previous ribbons to fasten down the sides of the new ribbon as well.
6. Take the pins out of the top centre of the 2nd ribbon design chosen.
7. From the back of the ribbon, fold the right to the left creating a triangle. Then the left to the right to create a point.
8. Fold the ribbon back up to the centre and pin in place.
9. Do this for all 6 edges.
NOTE: Some lengths of ribbon can be trimmed so the points do not overlap too much.
10. Using the ric rac, follow the edges of the top ribbon design and pin in place using the pearl headed pins.
NOTE: Remove pins in the sides of the ribbon and replace with pearl headed pins. Continue all around the polystyrene ball until all edges are covered with ric rac. Then cut off any ric rac remaining.
11. Create a loop with thin ribbon or remaining ric rac, overlapping by about ½”.
12. Pin to the centre top point of the bauble with a pearl headed pin.
Your bauble is complete!!
Here at Freds Haberdashery we have a great Christmas range including ribbons, buttons and bundles helping you get creative this Season.