The Great British Sewing Bee: A Celebration of Sewing
The Great British Sewing Bee is a popular BBC tv show that follows a group of amateur sewers as they compete in a series of challenges. The show is the only one of its kind, that has a focus on sewing. It is a positive portrayal of sewing, creativity and craftsmanship, and it has a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere.
For these reasons the Great British Sewing Bee has been a hit with viewers of all ages, and it has helped to revive interest in sewing in the UK. The show has also inspired many people to take up sewing for the first time.
If you're interested in learning more about sewing, or if you're just looking for a fun and inspiring show to watch, I highly recommend checking out The Great British Sewing Bee (and then maybe pop down to Fred's to get you started).
Here are some of the things that make The Great British Sewing Bee so special:
- The judges, Esme Young and Patrick Grant, are experienced and knowledgeable sewers who provide helpful and constructive feedback to the contestants. They love a double-entrendre and have a lot of fun on the show, as well as their love for sewing.
- The contestants are a really diverse bunch of people from all walks of life.
- The weekly tasks are varied and challenging, but they are also achievable for amateur sewers (maybe not so much in their time frames!).
- The show's music choices are eclectic and spot on for whatever the weekly theme is. They share their Spotify playlist every week!
So what are you waiting for?
Start watching The Great British Sewing Bee today!
Here are some tips for getting started with sewing:
- Find a beginner sewing pattern that you like. At Fred's we've got some funky Tilly & the buttons patterns that you can choose from.
- Gather your supplies, including fabric, thread, needles, and pins.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes when they're learning, that's just part of the process!
- Have fun! Sewing is a great way to express your creativity.
If you are hooked (excuse the pun!) then why not try our sewing classes? They are perfect for beginners, to learn how to sew, use a machine, read a pattern and just getting started on your sewing journey!